Sunday 25 January 2009

Happy Chinese New Year From Aberdeen


Happy Chinese New Year 2009!
Wishing all of you a happy Chinese New Year! Gone is the year of the Rat and here comes the year of Ox. A friend sent me an e-card which I thought is interesting. I hope you will find the art work interesting as well.
Chinese New Year is also known as the Spring Festival (hooray! spring is coming ...) or the Lunar New Year. It is celebrated from the first day of the first lunar month and ends on the 15th with Lantern Festival.


Chinese New Year is not a holiday in Scotland and UK as a whole. Nonetheless among those who celebrate the occasion there is some excitement. Several of my Chinese colleagues have gone on holidays while others are thinking about special foods. I'm up for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment