Wednesday 4 February 2009

Snowing Today ... yes we signed up for this

On Monday most part of south England woke up with snows and wreak havoc on transportation while there was only rain in Aberdeen. It was reported as the worst snow in 18 years and schools were closed for 2 days and flights into London were cancelled due to a plane skidded off the runway. Trains and buses were cancelled and chaos on the motorways.
This morning we were awaken to about 4 inches of snow on the grown. I had to be at work earlier than usual due to a meeting. One of our car was still in the workshop for regular service and yearly MOT of which it failed and the workshop did not have any parts, so I had to leave it there overnight. Because of this, Mik and my wife had to be up earlier than usual to send me to work. On our way the DJ on the radio commented that today is our turn to be hit by the snow and "let's show London how it's done ... "

View in front of our house

Being out of routine, I would have thought that the snow will be such a nuisance but strange enough; I actually feel cheerful and that the snow was special! I only hear stories from Aberdonians on how snow was a common thing during winters of many years ago. We have now experienced 2 winters in Aberdeen and snow is a rare occasion. Daily frost on the car, cold wind and rain are nuisance but occasional snow is fun and make the winter worth it. If you are to see how bubbly and excited Mik was this morning, you'll probably agree.


Snow in front of garage when I came home from work

1 comment: